Three members of the Two Writing Teachers Co-Author Team will be presenting at NCTE in Houston this weekend. Please join us at one or more of the sessions:
- Friday, November 16th, 2018 at 9:30 a.m.: “Give Fact-Loving Kids a Voice: Using Expository Nonfiction as Mentor Texts” (Alyson Beecher, Mary Ann Cappiello, Erika Dawes, Stacey Shubitz, Melissa Stewart, and Terrell Young)
- Session C.33 in Room 350 A
- Friday, November 16th, 2018 at 3:30 p.m.: “Honor, Reflect, and Celebrate the Diversity of Your Classroom with Mentor Texts” (Meg Kearney, Melanie Meehan, and Stacey Shubitz)
- Session G.42 in Room 361 C
- Saturday, November 17th, 2018 at 11:00 a.m.: “Collective Equity: Students Sharing Their Voices and Searching for the Voices of Others, Through Storytelling and Grand Conversations in the Classroom” (Kelsey Corter, Jana Julka, Kara Langer, and Janet Rhi)
- Session I.63 in Room 351 A
- Saturday, November 17th, 2018 at 2:45 p.m.: “From Independent to Intra-Dependent: Create a Workshop Classroom Culture that Amplifies Every Voice” (Paula Bourque, Lisa Eickholdt, Allison Marchetti, Rebekah O’Dell, Stacey Shubitz)
- Session K.43 in Room 370 D
Please leave a comment below to let us know if you’ll be at NCTE. We hope to see you in Houston!
Literacy Consultant. Author. Former 4th and 5th Grade Classroom Teacher.