It’s the 18th day of the 14th Annual Slice of Life Story Challenge!
- Announcing the Commenter of Quality Prize. This is a nomination prize! If you know someone in the community who consistently leaves meaningful or inspiring comments, then please nominate them by filling out this form by 11:59 pm ET on March 21. Your nominee will be eligible for a Commenter of Quality Prize, to be announced on March 22.
Are you hoping for more comments on your writing?
If you have been hoping for more comments, you’ll find that the more comments you leave for others, the more comments you’ll receive in return.
Additionally, you may find that changing the time of day that you post leads to more (or fewer) readers and commenters. In general, posting your permalink earlier in the Eastern Standard Time day means it is available for a longer amount of time for a larger number of people to click and read your post. If you prefer to write at night, an option is to write your posts the night before, and simply leave the permalinks in the mornings.
If you do tend to comment in the earlier part of the day, we encourage you to come back later in the day to visit a few blogs as well! Spread the commenting love!
Did you know that there is such a thing as blogging etiquette? For example, bloggers generally do not leave their email address or blog url in a comment. You can see our Commenting Guidelines for more on how to be a conscientious commenter!
Need to contact a co-author with a question? Please email us rather than leaving your question within your comment (below). Thank you, in advance, for your patience with us since we receive a high volume of emails during the first week of the challenge.
- If your last name begins with the letters A – F, please email questions to Amy Ellerman at ellermanamy[at]gmail.com.
- If your last name begins with the letters G – L, please email questions to Betsy Hubbard at betsymhubbard[at]gmail.com.
- If your last name begins with the letters M – Q, please email questions to Beth Moore at beth[at]elizabethmoore.work.
- If your last name begins with the letters R – U, please email questions to Melanie Meehan at meehanmelanie[at]gmail.com.
- If your last name begins with the letters V – Z, please email questions to Stacey Shubitz at stacey[at]staceyshubitz.com.
Literacy Coach, Consultant, Author, Graduate Course Instructor, and Mom. Passionate about fostering a love of reading and writing in learners of all ages.