A Mid-Month Invitation
We are halfway through our 13th Annual Slice of Life Story Challenge, and we are facing unprecedented challenges around the world given the COVID-19 pandemic. In recent years, we have emphasized participating in the Slice of Life Story Challenge for thirty-one days. Given all that is changing around us, this year we are inviting educators to join our writing community mid-month.
We are a community of writers and we recognize the connections and support we gain from each other. Margaret Simon, a long-time community member, contacted us the other day, asking if she could join late since she is facing more downtime than she previously expected to have during the month of March. We not only want Margaret to join the SOLSC, but also we hope others will follow her lead. If you have been considering joining the Slice of Life Story Challenge, please come on in! You may need to start a blog. You may need to push yourself out of your comfort zone, but we’re all way outside of our comfort zones at this historic time. Kathleen wrote a Newcomer’s Survival Guide that you can find here. Additionally, Beth wrote an overview of the Challenge that you can find here.
Writing connects us, even — and especially — when we feel anxious and confused. We hope some of you accept our mid-month invitation. Katie Egan Cunningham has sponsored a Latecomer Prize, offering her book, Start With Joy, and an on-line meeting with her, as well.
If you are going to join us, please fill out the Latecomer Participant Form. We will be accepting responses through Tuesday, March 17th at 11:59 p.m. EDT.
Need to contact a co-author with a question? Please email us rather than leaving your question within your comment (below). Thank you, in advance, for your patience with us. We will respond to your email as soon as possible.
- If your last name begins with the letters A-G, please email questions to Lanny Ball at lanny.ball[at]gmail.com.
- If your last name begins with the letters H-M, please email questions to Kelsey Corter at kelseymcorter[at]gmail.com.
- If your last name begins with the letters N-Q, please email questions to Betsy Hubbard at betsymhubbard[at]gmail.com.
- If your last name begins with the letters R-U, please email questions to Melanie Meehan at meehanmelanie[at]gmail.com.
- If your last name begins with the letters V-Z, please email questions to Beth Moore, beth[at]elizabethmoore.work.
Please note: We’re unable to respond to challenge-related questions via Facebook and Twitter.