DAY 16 OF THE MARCH SOLSC! #SOL20
It is now Day 16 of the 13th Annual Slice of Life Story Challenge.
All of us at Two Writing Teachers hope that this year, the SOLSC will help people feel connected to a global community during a time of widespread uncertainty. Please take a moment to read our statement.
If you commented on 50 or more posts anytime between 12:01 a.m. EDT on Friday, March 13 and 11: 59 p.m. EDT on Sunday March 15th, then you are eligible for this prize. Fill out the form for a chance to win a Commenter of Quantity Prize. Thank you to Kids Can Press for sponsoring this prize. The winner will be announced on March 21. Please fill out the form by 11:59 pm on March 19, EDT.
- Welcome mid-month newcomers to the challenge! Just fill out our Latecomer Participant Form and check out our post that will give you all the information you need to get started.
- Pro tip on blogger etiquette: It’s always nice to give comments in return to the people who comment on your blog posts. This is how our community grows stronger–through connections and interactions.
- Another tip: You’ve probably noticed already that you often have the option to leave the url of your own website blank when leaving a comment. However, if you do leave it blank that means the author will not be able to find you as easily to leave you a comment in return.
What makes a great story? This panel of professional writers responds in a two minute video packed with tons of great advice.
“The most important element of a great story is vulnerability. The storytellers willingness to be open, to tell on themselves, to not necessarily be the hero of their own story.”~ Catherine Burns, Artistic Director The Moth
Need to contact a co-author with a question? Please email us rather than leaving your question within your comment (below). Thank you, in advance, for your patience with us. We receive a high volume of emails during the first few days of the challenge. We will respond to all emails as soon as possible.
If you have questions about the individual challenge, you may contact one of these co-authors.
- If your last name begins with the letters A-G, please email questions to Lanny Ball at lanny.ball[at]gmail.com.
- If your last name begins with the letters H-M, please email questions to Kelsey Corter at kelseymcorter[at]gmail.com.
- If your last name begins with the letters N-Q, please email questions to Betsy Hubbard at betsymhubbard[at]gmail.com.
- If your last name begins with the letters R-U, please email questions to Melanie Meehan at meehanmelanie[at]gmail.com.
- If your last name begins with the letters V-Z, please email questions to Beth Moore, beth[at]elizabethmoore.work.
Please note: We’re unable to respond to challenge-related questions via Facebook and Twitter.