It is mid December and we are feeling all the feels: joyful, stressed, stretched, exhausted, nostalgic, reflective, hopeful. Here at Two Writing Teachers, we are pausing to take a blogging break from now until December 31. We are looking forward to spending the last few days of 2019 with our students, our friends and colleagues and our families. We are baking, wrapping, reading, writing, thinking, singing, resting, and preparing. We thank you for understanding our need to take a brief break at this time of the year.
We wouldn’t leave you, though, without some great resources to discover or rediscover and some excitement for 2020!
On January 1st, Kelsey will kick off our One Little Word series for 2020 with a link to each co-author’s personal blogs and their choices for their 2020 OLW. Have you thought about your OLW for the new year? Find some inspiration from our previous OLW choices.
Mark your 2020 calendar for our February Blog Series titled, Expand the Possibilities of the Genres You Teach, which will begin on Sunday, February 2, 2020.
If you are looking for posts from any previous blog series check out the list below!
- November 2013: Tailoring Our Teaching
- February 2014: Writing About Reading
- May 2014: Independent Writing,
- August 2014: Sharpen Your Workshop Routines
- November 2014: Work Smarter, Not Harder
- February 2015: Aim Higher: Outgrow Old Goals and Set New Ones
- May 2015: Conferring Toolkits
- August 2015: Creating Classroom Environments to Launch the School Year
- November 2015: Diving Into Information Writing
- February 2016: Discovering the Writer’s Life
- May 2016: Teaching Writing with Mentor Texts
- August 2016: Starting with What Matters Most
- November 2016: Assessment Strengthens Writers
- February 2017: Authentic Purposes for Writing
- May 2017: Keep Learning Going Throughout the Summer
- August 2017: Writing Workshop Fundamentals
- November 2017: Solving Predictable Problems
- February 2018: Beyond the Fundamentals of Writing Workshop
- May 2018: Looking Back and Moving Forward
- August 2018: Dreaming Big for This Year’s Writing Workshop
- November 2018: Notebooks as a Writer’s Tool
- February 2019: Teaching Writing With a Social Justice Lens
- May 2019: Strengthening Professional Learning
- August 2019: Nurturing Independence From the Start
- November 2019: Reaching Your Writers
Check in on Tuesdays as I will continue to host our weekly call for Slice of Life Stories through the month. If you have been thinking about joining, winter break is a great time to share your first Slice of Life Story. Simply write your story on your personal blog, share the URL on Tuesday in our comment section, and leave at least three comments for other bloggers.
March Slice of Life Story Challenge
2020 marks the 13th anniversary of the Slice of Life Story Challenge and we look forward to sharing more about this exciting time here on Two Writing Teachers when we commit to writing daily for thirty-one days!
Throughout December, some of our “greatest hits” will be posted on our Facebook page. Be sure to like the page to read previous posts that co-authors selected to be highlighted during this month.
- Follow us on Twitter. Many of us will be learning and tweeting over the winter break.
- Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest.
Rest, relax, and enjoy time with your loved ones!
(While you do, collect story ideas for future Slice of Life ideas!)