Welcome to the twenty-eighth day of the 12th Annual Slice of Life Story Challenge!
The great soccer star Pele once said, “Success is no accident. It is hard work, perseverance, learning, studying, sacrifice and most of all, love of what you are doing or learning to do.” With only four days left, let perseverance be your mantra.
If you and your students plan to participate in the Classroom Slice of Life Story Challenge, remember it begins immediately after the adult challenge ends on April 1st! You’ll find the padlet to enter your class information here:
On day 14 day of the March challenge, Jennie Bless-Symonds wrote a small slice entitled, “Apple Pie.” Without using character names, she drops us immediately into the action, using sensory detail, keeping the writing short and crisp. Check out her post here for inspiration.
Need to contact a co-author with a question? Please email us rather than leaving your question within your comment (below). Thank you, in advance, for your patience with us. We receive a high volume of emails during the first few days of the challenge. We will respond to all emails as soon as possible.
If you have questions about the individual challenge, you may contact one of these co-authors.
- If your last name begins with the letters A – E, please email questions to Lanny Ball at lanny.ball[at]gmail.com.
- If your last name begins with the letters F – I, please email questions to Kelsey Corter at kelseymcorter[at]gmail.com.
- If your last name begins with the letters J – M, please email questions to Betsy Hubbard at betsymhubbard[at]gmail.com.
- If your last name begins with the letters N – Q, please email questions to Melanie Meehan at meehanmelanie[at]gmail.com.
- If your last name begins with the letters R – U, please email questions to Beth Moore, beth[at]elizabethmoore.work.
- If your last name begins with the letters V – Z, please email questions to Stacey, stacey[at]staceyshubitz.com.
If you have questions about the Classroom Challenge, which will take place next month, you may contact one of these co-authors:
- If your last name begins with the letters A – M, please email questions to DebFrazier4[at]gmail.com.
- If your last name begins with the letters N – Z, please email questions to Kathleen Sokolowski mrs.sokolowski[at]gmail.com.
Please note: We’re unable to respond to challenge-related questions via Facebook and Twitter.
For more than 27 years, Lanny has taught, coached, presented, staff developed, and consulted within the exciting and enigmatic world of literacy. With unyielding passion and belief in the possibility of workshop teaching, Lanny has worked to support students, teachers, and school administrators around the country in outgrowing themselves as both writers and readers. Working first as a classroom teacher, then as a coach and TCRWP Staff Developer, Lanny is now a literacy specialist, working and living in the great state of Connecticut. Outside of literacy, he enjoys raising his three ambitious young daughters with his wife, and playing the piano. Find him on this blog, as well as on Twitter @LannyBall. Lanny is also a co-author of a blog dedicated to supporting teachers and coaches that maintain classroom writing workshops, twowritingteachers.org.