July Blogging Break
We are taking a short blogging break for the month of July. We will be spending time with our families, recharging our batteries, and, of course, planning a whole slew of new blog posts to share with you at the start of the new school year.
Don’t worry, though, we have a lot of resources for you while we’re gone.
Slice of Life Story Challenge
You can find us here every Tuesday for the Slice of Life Story Challenge (SOLSC). Kathleen is hosting for the month of July. If you have never participated, July is the perfect time to try something new. The Slice of Life community is a warm and welcoming writing community, perfect to get your feet wet. Simply write a story from your life on your own blog, and then on Tuesdays, share a link to your story in the comments section on the daily call for SOLSC post. Comment on at least three other posts, and enjoy all the comments that you will receive in return.
Our Next Blog Series
We will come back in August with our next blog series, Starting with What Matters Most in Writing Workshop. Each of the co-authors will dedicate a post to what matters most in writing workshop. We will cover everything from audience to notebooks to work habits. You can mark your August calendar for our Twitter Chat on Monday, August 8th at 8:30 PM EDT. Use the hashtag #TWTBlog to join the conversation.
Speaking of blog series, as you are thinking about and planning for next year, you might find one of our past blog series useful. You can click on any of the links below to access a past blog series:
- November 2013: Tailoring Our Teaching
- February 2014: Writing About Reading
- May 2014: Independent Writing,
- August 2014: Sharpen Your Workshop Routines
- November 2014: Work Smarter, Not Harder
- February 2015: Aim Higher: Outgrow Old Goals and Set New Ones
- May 2015: Conferring Toolkits
- August 2015: Creating Classroom Environments to Launch the School Year
- November 2015: Diving Into Information Writing
- February 2016: Discovering the Writer’s Life
- May 2016: Teaching Writing with Mentor Texts
Wait! There’s More!
- We recently launched a new “Presentations” page on Two Writing Teachers which lists all the places you can find us out and about. In July you can catch Kathleen at the Long Island Writing Project in New York. You can also catch Stacey at the International Literacy Association Conference in Boston, MA. Finally, Betsy will be at nErDcamp in Parma, MI.
- Make sure you are following all of us on Twitter this summer. (You can see our Twitter feeds at the bottom of our main page):
ALSO, GUESS WHAT?
We’re on Pinterest! Check it out by clicking here.
And, did you know that we’re on Facebook? Click here.
We hope you find time in July to relax, to learn, and to spend time with those who matter most to you. We will be back August 1st with our latest blog series!