December is a busy time for nearly everyone. We’re in the midst of celebrating the Festival of Lights at our house. My seven-year wedding anniversary (Tuesday!) and my daughter’s upcoming fourth birthday. Anna, Beth, Betsy, Dana, and Tara are preparing to celebrate Christmas with their families. Just like we did last year, we’re taking a two week recess from blogging at Two Writing Teachers.
The Tuesday Slice of Life Story Challenge will still happen! Tara will continue to post the call for Slice of Life stories for the next two Tuesdays. If you haven’t sliced yet, winter vacation is the perfect time to try it for the first time. It will change your writing life. Just write a story from your life on your own blog, and then on Tuesdays, share a link to your story in the comments section on our SOL post. Comment on at least three other posts, and enjoy all the comments that you will receive in return. Please join us!
Please mark your calendars for our upcoming blog series, Aim Higher: Outgrow Old Goals and Set New Ones. Click here to learn more about this blog series, which will begin on on January 26th.
In the meantime, please…
- Check out our blogroll, which is categorized at the bottom of our main page and at the bottom of every post. There are many other excellent bloggers who will continue to provide fresh content about literacy while we’re away.
- Use our archives to search for what you need. We have a ton of archived content on nearly every aspect of writing workshop. Just type the key words you’re searching for (e.g., “poetry,” “record-keeping,” “assessment”) into the search bar. The search bar can be found by scrolling to the bottom of any page on our blog.
- Think about the one little word (OLW) that will guide you in 2015. For more information about OLW, click here. (We’ll host a OLW Week when we return in January.)
- Click around out our other blogs:
- Follow us on Twitter (Our Twitter feeds are also at the bottom of this page.):
- We’re on Pinterest & Facebook! Check out our Pinterest page by clicking here. (RELATED: If you still need to buy a gift for a reader or writer, check out this board I curated.) Finally, click here to go to our Facebook page.
- Rest and relax too!
The six of us with you a happy and healthy start to 2015. See you next year!
Literacy Consultant. Author. Former 4th and 5th Grade Classroom Teacher.