I got inspired by Reflections from the Rockies‘ Post entitled “My Favorite Things About Colorado So Far.” Since a good deal of my students’ first couple weeks of Writing Workshos will revolve around the creation of lists (and then the development of a list item into an entry in their writer’s notebook), I thought, “Why not make a list like the one on that blog?”
So, here goes:
MY FAVORITE THINGS ABOUT RHODE ISLAND (SO FAR):
1. I absoloutely love walking on Thayer Street, which is on the Brown Campus. From Berk’s Shoes to Blue State Coffee to Pie in the Sky, it’s a great place to kill a few hours!
2. The drivers are friendly and often yield to people making left turns.
3. Narragansett Beach
4. East Side Market: I simply love doing my food shopping there!
5. In a similar vain to #2, I like how you don’t have to drive too far to get to where you’re going.
6. The Angela Moore Store is much closer to me now than it was when I lived in NYC.
7. Living near the Woonasquatucket River.
8. Eating out in Federal Hill.
9. Listening to people debate over who has the best on-the-go coffee: Honey Dew, Tim Horton’s, or Dunkin’ Donuts.
10. Eating breakfast at Brickway on Wickenden.
Literacy Consultant. Author. Former 4th and 5th Grade Classroom Teacher.