ANNOUNCEMENTS: There are a lot this morning, but please take the time to read them!
One more day to fill out the form for the SEAT Prize today. If you have been writing every day so far, including commenting on at least three other slicers’ posts, then you are eligible for SEAT Prize #2! Please fill out the form by March 23 at 11:59 p.m., and then look for the winner, as well as a big prize announcement on March 25.
Thank you to Stenhouse Publishers! We will have FIVE winners!
The Commenter of Quality winner is Lainie Levin! Leaving comments that resonate takes close reading, reflection, and appreciation. It is a practice that adds SO much to this community, and there were many nominations. Thank you to all of you for the time you put in to read and appreciate the words of others. Thank you also to Kids Can Press for sponsoring this prize!
The Classroom Slice of Life Story Challenge is right around the corner in April! If you are finding value in writing and sharing every day, imagine how your students would grow as writers from a month of writing and sharing? It’s not too late to sign up for the Classroom Slice of Life Story Challenge, which starts April 1. Just fill out your class blog information on the Padlet below and stay tuned for more information on Sunday, March 28th!
Erika Griffin weaves together past practices with a moment from today in a touching post. Check out her slice for inspiration how even an email may lead to a slice.
Need to contact a co-author with a question? Please email us rather than leaving your question within your comment (below). Thank you, in advance, for your patience with us since we receive a high volume of emails during the first week of the challenge.
- If your last name begins with the letters A – F, please email questions to Amy Ellerman at ellermanamy[at]gmail.com.
- If your last name begins with the letters G – L, please email questions to Betsy Hubbard at betsymhubbard[at]gmail.com.
- If your last name begins with the letters M – Q, please email questions to Beth Moore at beth[at]elizabethmoore.work.
- If your last name begins with the letters R – U, please email questions to Melanie Meehan at meehanmelanie[at]gmail.com.
- If your last name begins with the letters V – Z, please email questions to Stacey Shubitz at stacey[at]staceyshubitz.com.