Welcome to the thirtieth day of the 13th Annual Slice of Life Story Challenge!
Tomorrow is the final day of the SOLSC of 2020, and the call for slices will contain several categories for prizes. Since we don’t want the Spirit of the Challenge Prize to be missed, it’s being shared both today and tomorrow. This is a big one.
If there is someone in the community who not only slices with the spirit of SOL, but also comments and supports others, the please nominate that person using this form. The winner of the Spirit of the Challenge Prize gets to choose a workshop at the Highlights Foundation, a truly priceless experience.
- The Classroom Slice of Life Story Challenge begins in April! Looking for a way to meaningfully connect your students with other students during this pandemic? Don’t miss Kathleen’s new post, with Padlets, videos, and many more resources to help with getting started.
- If you have not had a chance to read our statements regarding what you can expect from Two Writing Teachers during the current global health crisis, we would like to invite you to read it here.
- Also, please check out the COVID-19 page here and consider joining authors Melanie Meehan, Clare Landrigan, and a growing community of educators.
In My Favorite Place, Vickiela Wright hooks readers from the very first line: “My bathtub knows some of my deepest secrets,” and offers inspiration to slice about the places at home that know us best.
Need to contact a co-author with a question? Please email us rather than leaving your question within your comment (below). Thank you, in advance, for your patience with us. We receive a high volume of emails during the first few days of the challenge. We will respond to all emails as soon as possible.
If you have questions about the individual challenge, you may contact one of these co-authors.
- If your last name begins with the letters A-G, please email questions to Lanny Ball at lanny.ball[at]gmail.com.
- If your last name begins with the letters H-M, please email questions to Kelsey Corter at kelseymcorter[at]gmail.com.
- If your last name begins with the letters N-Q, please email questions to Betsy Hubbard at betsymhubbard[at]gmail.com.
- If your last name begins with the letters R-U, please email questions to Melanie Meehan at meehanmelanie[at]gmail.com.
- If your last name begins with the letters V-Z, please email questions to Beth Moore, beth[at]elizabethmoore.work.
If you have questions about the Classroom Challenge, which will take place next month, you may contact one of these co-authors:
- If your last name begins with the letters A – M, please email questions to Marina Rodriguez, mrodriguez[at]csisd.org.
- If your last name begins with the letters N – Z, please email questions to Kathleen Sokolowski mrs.sokolowski[at]gmail.com.
Please note: We’re unable to respond to challenge-related questions via Facebook and Twitter.