Day 29 of the March SOLSC! #SOL20
Welcome to the twenty-ninth day of the 13th Annual Slice of Life Story Challenge!
Mentors matter. They help us through difficult times, show us how to do things, nudge us to try what we might not if left on our own. Thank you for all who nominated people who have served as mentors to them throughout the Challenge, and thank you to Clare Landrigan who is not only an incredible mentor, but also the sponsor of this prize. The winner of the 2020 Mentor Prize is Sally Donnelly. Congratulations to Sally and thank you to Clare!
- The Classroom Slice of Life Story Challenge begins in April! Looking for a way to meaningfully connect your students with other students during this pandemic? Please check out Kathleen’s post here to learn about how, or share this post, by Beth, with families.
- If you have not had a chance to read our statements regarding what you can expect from Two Writing Teachers during the current global health crisis, we would like to invite you to read it here.
- Also, please check out the COVID-19 page here and consider joining authors Melanie Meehan, Clare Landrigan, and a growing community of educators.
Congratulations to all of the first-year participants who have almost completed a month of daily writing! Welcome to new Slicer, Mari Miyagi. In the spirit of “Choose Your Own Adventure” (also, because it was difficult to pick just one of Mari’s posts!)…
for inspiration from the moment of a bird-song wakeup (or if you’ve ever wondered what birds are talking about), read Bird Language.
for inspiration to try something for the first time (and write about it!), read My Artful Heartfelt Day.
Need to contact a co-author with a question? Please email us rather than leaving your question within your comment (below). Thank you, in advance, for your patience with us. We receive a high volume of emails during the first few days of the challenge. We will respond to all emails as soon as possible.
If you have questions about the individual challenge, you may contact one of these co-authors.
- If your last name begins with the letters A-G, please email questions to Lanny Ball at lanny.ball[at]gmail.com.
- If your last name begins with the letters H-M, please email questions to Kelsey Corter at kelseymcorter[at]gmail.com.
- If your last name begins with the letters N-Q, please email questions to Betsy Hubbard at betsymhubbard[at]gmail.com.
- If your last name begins with the letters R-U, please email questions to Melanie Meehan at meehanmelanie[at]gmail.com.
- If your last name begins with the letters V-Z, please email questions to Beth Moore, beth[at]elizabethmoore.work.
If you have questions about the Classroom Challenge, which will take place next month, you may contact one of these co-authors:
- If your last name begins with the letters A – M, please email questions to Marina Rodriguez, mrodriguez[at]csisd.org.
- If your last name begins with the letters N – Z, please email questions to Kathleen Sokolowski mrs.sokolowski[at]gmail.com.
Please note: We’re unable to respond to challenge-related questions via Facebook and Twitter.