Welcome to the twenty-eighth day of the 13th Annual Slice of Life Story Challenge!
Comments matter, and people appreciate high quality responses to their writing! We had many nominations for the Commenter of Quality. Through a random number generator, Carla Brown is the winner of the Commenter of Quality Prize. Congratulations to Carla and a big thank you to Amy Ludwig VanDerwater. If you haven’t yet checked out the writing lessons Amy is sharing on a daily basis for children, please visit her blog, Sharing our Notebooks— these videos are a gift to all of us and children everywhere. Tune in tomorrow for the announcement of the Mentor Prize winner.
- The Classroom Slice of Life Story Challenge begins in April! Looking for a way to meaningfully connect your students with other students during this pandemic? Please check out Kathleen’s post here to learn about how, or share this post, by Beth, with families.
- If you have not had a chance to read our statements regarding what you can expect from Two Writing Teachers during the current global health crisis, we would like to invite you to read it here.
- Also, please check out the COVID-19 page here and consider joining authors Melanie Meehan, Clare Landrigan, and a growing community of educators.
Need to contact a co-author with a question? Please email us rather than leaving your question within your comment (below). Thank you, in advance, for your patience with us. We receive a high volume of emails during the first few days of the challenge. We will respond to all emails as soon as possible.
If you have questions about the individual challenge, you may contact one of these co-authors.
- If your last name begins with the letters A-G, please email questions to Lanny Ball at lanny.ball[at]gmail.com.
- If your last name begins with the letters H-M, please email questions to Kelsey Corter at kelseymcorter[at]gmail.com.
- If your last name begins with the letters N-Q, please email questions to Betsy Hubbard at betsymhubbard[at]gmail.com.
- If your last name begins with the letters R-U, please email questions to Melanie Meehan at meehanmelanie[at]gmail.com.
- If your last name begins with the letters V-Z, please email questions to Beth Moore, beth[at]elizabethmoore.work.
If you have questions about the Classroom Challenge, which will take place next month, you may contact one of these co-authors:
- If your last name begins with the letters A – M, please email questions to Marina Rodriguez, mrodriguez[at]csisd.org.
- If your last name begins with the letters N – Z, please email questions to Kathleen Sokolowski mrs.sokolowski[at]gmail.com.
Please note: We’re unable to respond to challenge-related questions via Facebook and Twitter.