DAY 14 OF THE MARCH SOLSC! #SOL20
Welcome to the 14th day of the 13th Annual Slice of Life Story Challenge.
Amidst the excitement of the SOLSC, many of us are also experiencing anxiety and stress related to the novel coronavirus pandemic. All of us at Two Writing Teachers are reading your stories and are hoping that this year, the SOLSC can help people feel connected to a global community, during a time of quarantines and travel restrictions. Please take a moment to read our statement.
The Commenter of Quantity is under way! If you comment on 50 or more posts anytime between 12:01 a.m. EDT on Friday, March 13 and 11:59 p.m. EDT on Sunday March 15th, then you will be eligible for this prize. (On Monday, March 16th’s Call for Slices, there will be a Google form for you to fill out so you can enter in the Commenter of Quality giveaway.)
Many thanks to Kids Can Press for their generous donation of seventeen books!
Welcome Wagon volunteers: don’t forget to fill out this form to be in the running for great prizes from Scholastic!
- Please remember that only one post per day is allowed in our comments section. If you miss a day of slicing or forget to post your permalink one day, please only post the permalink to that day’s post. (As long as you wrote every day for the month of March, you’ll still be eligible for prizes throughout the month.)
Meg Looney’s post titled Target Tales #1: Hand Sanitizer Search takes an observation from daily life and turns it into a story with deeper meaning. Her post is timely, and handles a worrisome topic with humor. It’s a post many can relate to.
Need to contact a co-author with a question? Please email us rather than leaving your question within your comment (below). Thank you, in advance, for your patience with us. We receive a high volume of emails during the first few days of the challenge. We will respond to all emails as soon as possible.
If you have questions about the individual challenge, you may contact one of these co-authors.
- If your last name begins with the letters A-G, please email questions to Lanny Ball at lanny.ball[at]gmail.com.
- If your last name begins with the letters H-M, please email questions to Kelsey Corter at kelseymcorter[at]gmail.com.
- If your last name begins with the letters N-Q, please email questions to Betsy Hubbard at betsymhubbard[at]gmail.com.
- If your last name begins with the letters R-U, please email questions to Melanie Meehan at meehanmelanie[at]gmail.com.
- If your last name begins with the letters V-Z, please email questions to Beth Moore, beth[at]elizabethmoore.work.
Please note: We’re unable to respond to challenge-related questions via Facebook and Twitter.