Welcome to Day 17 day of the 12th Annual Slice of Life Story Challenge! Please check out today’s announcements and the “Be Inspired” post and quote before you leave the permalink to your slice of life story.
Our second mid-month commenting challenge is underway! The Highlights Foundation has generously donated $1,000 toward the tuition of any workshop or Unworkshop in 2019. Meals and private lodging are included. Complimentary shuttle service from a nearby airport is also provided.
To participate in the challenge and learn more about the prize, click here to read yesterday’s post.
WILL YOU SHARE YOUR WORK WITH US?
Do you know an educator who works with students who are learning English as and Additional Language? Or a colleague who teaches students with special needs? Maybe someone down the hall, or at another school? Maybe YOU?
The coauthors of Two Writing Teachers would like to highlight their work, by creating a roundup of posts on two topics this spring:
- Supporting EAL Students in Writing Workshop
- Differentiating and Inspiring Students with Learning Differences in Writing Workshop
Click here to learn more.
Read Jodi Mahoney’s final post from last year’s Slice of Life Story Challenge and remember – YOU CAN DO IT! Jodi, who blogs at School Inspirations, is in her eleventh year of this challenge! You can check out her post here.
Speaking of living the writerly life and getting words down on the page, did you know about the COMIC SANS WRITERS BLOCK CURE? It’s crazy. But it works. Click the link or see here for more.
Need to contact a co-author with a question? Please email us rather than leaving your question within your comment (below). Thank you, in advance, for your patience with us. We receive a high volume of emails during the first few days of the challenge. We will respond to all emails as soon as possible.
- If your last name begins with the letters A – E, please email questions to Lanny Ball at lanny.ball[at]gmail.com.
- If your last name begins with the letters F-I, please email questions to Kelsey Corter at kelseymcorter[at]gmail.com.
- If your last name begins with the letters J-M, please email questions to Betsy Hubbard at betsymhubbard[at]gmail.com.
- If your last name begins with the letters N – Q, please email questions to Melanie Meehan at meehanmelanie[at]gmail.com.
- If your last name begins with the letters R – U, please email questions to Beth Moore, beth[at]elizabethmoore.work.
- If your last name begins with the letters V – Z, please email questions to Stacey, stacey[at]staceyshubitz.com.
If you have questions about the individual challenge, you may contact one of these co-authors.
If you have questions about the Classroom Challenge, which will take place next month, you may contact one of these co-authors:
- If your last name begins with the letters A – M, please email questions to DebFrazier4[at]gmail.com.
- If your last name begins with the letters N – Z, please email questions to Kathleen Sokolowski mrs.sokolowski[at]gmail.com.
Please note: We’re unable to respond to challenge-related questions via Facebook and Twitter.
Literacy Coach, Consultant, Author, Graduate Course Instructor, and Mom. Passionate about fostering a love of reading and writing in learners of all ages.