Our Second Mid-Month Commenting Challenge
While the March Challenge inspires us to carve out time for our writing lives, it also provides the opportunity to develop writing communities. Exploring other writers’ slices and taking the time to comment builds not only others’ sense of purpose and value as writers, but our own, as well.
We’ve made it beyond the halfway mark of the writing challenge and it’s time for a commenting challenge with a big prize! This weekend, we have a life-changing opportunity as we offer the second mid-month challenge of the 12th Annual SOLSC.
The prize for this Commenting Challenge is donated by the Highlights Foundation. The mission of the Highlights Foundation is to improve the quality of children’s literature by helping authors and illustrators hone their craft.
The Highlights Foundation is pleased to offer one of our registered SOLSC participants with the opportunity to attend a Highlights Foundation workshop. This prize donation is $1,000 toward the tuition of any workshop or Unworkshop in 2019. Meals and private lodging are included. Complimentary shuttle service from a nearby airport is also provided. Workshops run throughout the year, and you can check out the options here.
Stacey, Betsy, and I have had wonderful experiences at the Highlights Foundation. Read about Stacey’s discoveries at the Unworkshop experience and the Picture Books are Art Forms workshop. You can also read about Betsy’s unforgettable experience at The Picture Book Academy. We hope reading these posts will inspire you to comment all weekend long for your chance to win one of these amazing experiences.
Escaping to this peaceful and beautifully accommodating campus is a dream come true for your inner writer.
Here is how it works:
- Comment on 75 or more SOLSC posts today and tomorrow (Sat., 3/16 and Sun., 3/17 through 11:59 p.m. EDT).
- Be sure to keep track! You could track your comments with tally marks on a sticky note.
- After you leave at least 75 comments by Monday morning, come back to this post and fill out the Google Form below. This must be done by 6:00 a.m. EDT on Monday, 3/18.
- The winner will be chosen using a random number generator and announced on Tuesday, 3/19.
- It is important to leave your information regarding the commenting challenge in the Google Form. You will notice comments are closed for this post to ensure that all contenders input their information within the form and not inadvertently within the comment section.