It’s my honor to welcome you to the 12th Annual Slice of Life Story Challenge! This month-long writing challenge began in March 2008. We were twelve or so educators who gathered together from two countries to commit to writing daily. This year, we have hundreds of participants signed up from around the world. It’s a thrill to have you here — wherever you hail from and whether you’re new or returning to this challenge — today!
Before you leave your link to your slice of life story, please fill out this year’s Participant Information Form. This year, we are asking participants to register and commit to this Challenge no later than 11:59 p.m. EST today (in order to be in the running for prizes). This form will close tomorrow morning, March 2nd. In keeping with the spirit of a month-long challenge, it is important to participate fully all thirty-one days. NOTE: This is different from past years.
Each day you’ll find a section called “BE INSPIRED,” which will follow each day’s announcements. That section will include something like a link to someone’s slice of life story, a quote about writing, etc.
I’ve streamlined the essential information into a slideshow so the daily calls for slice of life stories aren’t cluttered with text. Even if you’re back for your 12th challenge, please read through the essential information before checking out today’s writing inspiration or leaving the link to your slice of life story.
A special welcome to the first-time Slicers who are joining us this year! Kelsey Corter and Kathleen Sokolowski will be using the participant information form you filled out (Click here if you haven’t filled it out yet.) to match you up with a member of our Welcome Wagon.
LeAnn Carpenter, who blogs at Elsie Tries Writing, has been a part of the Slice of Life Community for many years! She reminds us that sometimes you just have to let your slice of life story find you.
Need to contact a co-author with a question? Please email us rather than leaving your question within your comment (below). Thank you, in advance, for your patience with us. We receive a high volume of emails during the first few days of the challenge. We will respond to all emails as soon as possible.
If you have questions about the individual challenge, you may contact one of these co-authors.
- If your last name begins with the letters A – E, please email questions to Lanny Ball at lanny.ball[at]gmail.com.
- If your last name begins with the letters F-I, please email questions to Kelsey Corter at kelseymcorter[at]gmail.com.
- If your last name begins with the letters J-M, please email questions to Betsy Hubbard at betsymhubbard[at]gmail.com.
- If your last name begins with the letters N – Q, please email questions to Melanie Meehan at meehanmelanie[at]gmail.com.
- If your last name begins with the letters R – U, please email questions to Beth Moore, beth[at]elizabethmoore.work.
- If your last name begins with the letters V – Z, please email questions to Stacey, stacey[at]staceyshubitz.com.
If you have questions about the Classroom Challenge, which will take place next month, you may contact one of these co-authors:
- If your last name begins with the letters A – M, please email questions to DebFrazier4[at]gmail.com.
- If your last name begins with the letters N – Z, please email questions to Kathleen Sokolowski mrs.sokolowski[at]gmail.com.
Please note: We’re unable to respond to challenge-related questions via Facebook and Twitter.