The 11th Annual Slice of Life Story Challenge and the 6th Annual Classroom Slice of Life Story Challenge are two-and-a-half weeks away. If you’re planning to participate, please watch this space weekly for special announcements and links to relevant blog posts about the March challenges.
- Do you want to encourage your colleagues to join you for the Slice of Life Story Challenge? Two years ago, Michelle Nero — longtime Slicer and literacy coach — sent a letter to her colleagues with an invitation to join the SOLSC. Click here to read her letter and then consider sharing something like that with one or more of your colleagues.
- We have 32 people signed up to welcome new Slicers in March with the Welcome Wagon. (THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO HAS MADE A COMMITMENT TO WELCOMING NEW SLICERS!) It would be great to have a few more seasoned Slicers to help out with this since supporting teacher-writers is what makes this community great. Click here to sign up for the Welcome Wagon.
- Many potential new Slicers dip their toe into the water on Tuesdays in February.
- If you’re a first-time Slicer, please make note of that when you leave the permalink to your blog post.
- If you’re a longtime Slicer, please make an effort to commenting on at least one new blogger’s post today. If you don’t see anyone new when you link up, then click on someone’s link who is new to you!
Literacy Consultant. Author. Former 4th and 5th Grade Classroom Teacher.