Katie Muhtaris (@literacyspark) has been slicing since 2008! This year she brought along her fifth graders who are participating in the Classroom Challenge. Recently she wrote two slices of life using strong verbs: “Oreos” and “Getting the Dragon Ready for the Day.” Both of those slices were for the purpose of encouraging her students to use more vivid, specific verbs in their daily slice of life writing. Read through her slices for inspiration (and then read some of the fantastic writing Katie’s students did as a result of her mentor slices).
- Please use the SAME email/username information on all of your March comments.
- In order to be in the running for a prize at the end of the month, you must leave the link to your slice of life story by 11:59 p.m. EDT.
- Please leave only one link daily.
- Include the permalink to your post when you leave a comment.
- Please use #sol14 on tweets about Slice of Life Story Challenge.
- Questions? Contact one of our concierges:
OTHER USEFUL INFORMATION:
Literacy Consultant. Author. Former 4th and 5th Grade Classroom Teacher.