The New York Times and The Washington Post have been covering the Common Core a LOT lately. You’ll see, if you read them all, they provide different view points. Here are the ones that stood out to me.
- Caution and the Common Core by the Editorial Board
- Common Core: Assessing the real level of support by Valerie Strauss
- Common Core supporters back moratorium on new tests’ high stakes by Valerie Strauss
- The tea party is wrong on the Common Core curriculum by Gov. Jack Markell
- Who’s Minding the Schools? by Andrew Hacker and Claudia Dreifus
The New York Times Learning Network has a space for teachers to weigh-in on the Common Core. Click here for more information.
On a related note, you might want to check out No Learning Without Feeling by Claire Needell Hollander.
Literacy Consultant. Author. Former 4th and 5th Grade Classroom Teacher.