ruth’s wn entry: take me back.
July 4, 1999. Waikiki Beach. Married: 32 hours.
- The warm course sand under my finger tips.
- The dark, deep purple sky lit up by fireworks.
- The sweet salty air that tickled my nose.
- The perfectly warm air that hung around me — not too hot and not too cold, simply perfect.
- The crash and splash and hum of the ocean.
- The steady beat of my new husband’s heart.
- Sparks of light from spectacular fireworks.
- Red, green, blue, gold, silver bursts that showered down and faded into the dark night.
- Lights glistening off the mirror of the ocean.
- A strange quiet in the middle of a city void of human noise for long minutes that left us feeling quite alone.
- The sound of sand sifting through Andy’s toes.
- I hear the traffic noise on the street beside us.
- Tall buildings breathing down our backs and a never-ending ocean in front of us. Diamond Head Mountain looming over the bay to our left.
Ahh, it’s been a long time since I’ve been in Hawaii. What a nice “getaway” this entry has been.