So far this morning I’ve noticed:
- My son is becoming a little boy. He smiles for the camera now. He sits on a stool up at the counter alone now. He doesn’t need his banana smashed — or even cut into pieces — now.
- Today is my anniversary. I’ve noticed that I remember my wedding day like it was yesterday, and yet, I don’t really remember life without Andy. Such a paradox — something I should mull over more.
- Thirty is good. I’ve been this age for five days now and it fits. I like thirty. I like having some life experience under my belt and yet still have so much more living to do.
- I have fully embraced my creativity. It was something that I oppressed several years ago, telling myself it was fluff. About a year ago, I woke up to the notion that I missed this defining personality trait. I’ve spent the last 10 months restoring it. This morning, I was outside, looking at the world through my artist eyes and I noticed that creativity is once again a defining charactistic of mine.
- I love being home. After the whirlwind of a week I had and the upcoming visit to my grandma in another state, I’m enjoying the bit of quiet time yesterday and today have brought. Quiet is good for the soul.
Unhurried. Finding the magic in the middle of living. Capturing a life of ridiculous grace + raw stories.