Today is the seventh of the 15th Annual Slice of Life Story Challenge! It’s also my final day hosting. Melanie Meehan will take over for the next few days. Three of the other co-authors, Betsy Hubbard, Beth Moore, and Amy Ellerman, will host the challenge later this month.
- We had a lovely gathering of some Slicers yesterday. Some of the folks who attended have been slicing for over a decade, while others are newer to the challenge. I hope you’ll save the date to join the next Slicer Meet-up, which will be held on Thursday, 3/24 at 8:00 p.m. EDT.
- While our third-year Slicers are pretty seasoned, we still consider them newer Slicers. Therefore, I’m sharing a list of the participants — who granted permission to share their information — who are present for their third year of slicing. Please show them some comment love today or later this week!
Marylin Joseph is a new Slicer this year. On the first day of the challenge, I came across her blog post where she captures a moment in time that many teachers can relate to. Her post includes a balance of internal thinking, perspective-taking, and a bit of dialogue. Click here to read it now.
Need to contact a co-author with a question? Please email us rather than leaving your question within your comment (below). Thank you, in advance, for your patience with us. We receive a high volume of emails during the first few days of the challenge. We will respond to all emails as soon as possible.
If you have questions about the individual challenge, you may contact one of these co-authors.
- If your last name begins with the letters A – F, please email questions to Amy Ellerman at ellermanamy[at]gmail.com.
- If your last name begins with the letters G – L, please email questions to Betsy Hubbard at betsymhubbard[at]gmail.com.
- If your last name begins with the letters M – Q, please email questions to Beth Moore at beth[at]elizabethmoore.work.
- If your last name begins with the letters R – U, please email questions to Melanie Meehan at meehanmelanie[at]gmail.com.
- If your last name begins with the letters V – Z, please email questions to Stacey Shubitz at stacey[at]staceyshubitz.com.
If you have questions about the Classroom Challenge, which will take place next month, you may contact Kathleen Sokolowski at mrs.sokolowski[at]gmail.com.
Please note: We’re unable to respond to challenge-related questions via Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
I am a literacy consultant who has spent the past dozen years working with teachers to improve the teaching of writing in their classrooms. While I work with teachers and students in grades K-6, I'm a former fourth and fifth-grade teacher so I have a passion for working with upper elementary students.
I'm the author of Craft Moves (Stenhouse Publishers, 2016) and the co-author of Jump Into Writing (Zaner-Bloser, 2021), Welcome to Writing Workshop (Stenhouse Publishers, 2019), and Day By Day (Stenhouse, 2010).