Welcome to the fifteenth day of the fourteenth Annual Slice of Life Story Challenge!
- Don’t forget that Daylight Savings Time in the United States began Sunday night. The clocks “sprang forward” one hour. If you are a late night slicer, don’t forget that the deadline is midnight, Eastern Daylight Time (EDT).
- Are you having trouble finding the permalink to your slice of life story post? Click here for information on how to find the permalink for your post.
- Prizes are coming fast and furious! Thank you to ALL of the Welcome Wagon volunteers. The first round of WW winners are:
- Christine Margocs
- Sarah Valter
- Brian Rozinsky
- Jennifer Kesler
These community members have prizes coming to them from Candlewick Press.
Additionally, ten years (or more) of being part of this community is a long time! If this is your 10th – 14th year of taking the SOLSC, then you are eligible for a Decade or More Prize. Fill out the form. We will contact you if you are one of the four winners!
Today’s Be Inspired post comes from Lainie Levin at the blog, Soapbox: The Way I See Things. Lainie’s voice comes across so clearly in her writing because of the way she mixes short and long sentences, hyphenated stretches of thinking, and intentional use of bold, all caps, and expressive punctuation.
Speaking of hyphenating, have you ever wondered about the difference between a hyphen and a dash? Lainie’s writing provides great examples of using both effectively.
Need to contact a co-author with a question? Please email us rather than leaving your question within your comment (below). Thank you, in advance, for your patience with us since we receive a high volume of emails during the first week of the challenge.
- If your last name begins with the letters A – F, please email questions to Amy Ellerman at ellermanamy[at]gmail.com.
- If your last name begins with the letters G – L, please email questions to Betsy Hubbard at betsymhubbard[at]gmail.com.
- If your last name begins with the letters M – Q, please email questions to Beth Moore at beth[at]elizabethmoore.work.
- If your last name begins with the letters R – U, please email questions to Melanie Meehan at meehanmelanie[at]gmail.com.
- If your last name begins with the letters V – Z, please email questions to Stacey Shubitz at stacey[at]staceyshubitz.com.