Welcome to our weekly writing challenge! I’m delighted you’re here to link up your slice of life story!
As you may have noticed in Betsy Hubbard’s prize reveal post, we’re giving away prizes to SOLSC participants throughout the month of March. The first prizes will go to five people who have intentionally and effectively expanded this writing community. Anyone who has recruited someone to join the 14th Annual Slice of Life Story Challenge will be eligible for these prizes, which are donated by Heinemann. (Look for the form to fill out on March 2nd.)
The 14th Annual Slice of Life Story Challenge will begin in less than one week! Please read through these announcements prior to leaving the link to your slice of life story.
- The participant information form for the March SOLSC went live on January 29th. CLICK HERE if you’re planning to participate in the March Challenge, but haven’t filled it out yet since we’re asking participants to complete this form no later than 11:59 p.m. EST on Monday, March 1st, 2021. This form will close on the morning of Tuesday, March 2nd. In keeping with the spirit of a month-long challenge, it is important to participate fully all thirty-one days.
- More importantly, we want all new Slicers to be partnered up with a Welcome Wagon volunteer by March 2nd. Closing down the participant information form at the end of the first day of the March Challenge means that we won’t be pairing people up for a week.
- If you have a friend, family member, or colleague who is planning to participate in the SOLSC for the first time, then please make sure they fill out the Participant Information Form between now and March 1st.
- Many potential new Slicers dip their toe into the water on Tuesdays in February.
- If you’re a first-time Slicer, please make note of that when you leave the permalink to your blog post.
- If you’re a longtime Slicer, please make an effort to commenting on at least one new blogger’s post today. If you don’t see anyone new when you link up, then click on someone’s link who is new to you!
- Do you have a need for some Slicer swag before March begins? Stop by and visit our Cafepress store. You can purchase T-shirts, keychains, tote bags, and more while doing a good deed since all of the profits from our store go to the Pajama Program!
I am a literacy consultant who has spent over a decade working with teachers to improve the teaching of writing in their classrooms. While I work with teachers and students in grade K-6, I'm a former fourth and fifth-grade teacher so I have a passion for working with upper elementary students.
I'm the author of Craft Moves (Stenhouse Publishers, 2016) and the co-author of Jump Into Writing (Zaner-Bloser, 2021), Welcome to Writing Workshop (Stenhouse Publishers, 2019), and Day By Day (Stenhouse, 2010).