Welcome to the 25th day of the Slice of Life Story Challenge!
Write. Share. Give.
We are announcing two nomination prizes today! First is the Commenter of Quality Prize. If you know someone in the community who consistently leaves meaningful or inspiring comments, then please nominate them by filling out this form. Your nominee will be eligible for a Commenter of Quality Prize. The winner will receive the following prize, generously donated by Amy Ludwig VanDerWater.
Also, today we are announcing the Mentor Prize. If someone in the community has been inspiring as a slicing mentor, then please nominate them by filling out this form. Your nominee will be eligible to win an on-line meeting with Clare Landrigan, a Slice of Life community member who is a mentor to so many, as well as a copy of It’s All About the Books by Clare and Tammy Mulligan.
Nominations are due by 11:59 p.m. on March 27, and we will announce winners on March 29.
- The Classroom Slice of Life Story Challenge begins in April! Looking for a way to meaningfully connect your students with other students during this pandemic? Please check out Kathleen’s post here to learn about how.
- If you have not had a chance to read our statement regarding what you can expect from Two Writing Teachers during the current global health crisis, we would like to invite you to read it here.
- Also, please check out the COVID-19 page here and consider joining authors Melanie Meehan, Clare Landrigan, and a growing community of educators.
Ever thought about your legacy through the lens of your browser history? What will be the digital bread crumbs you leave behind? And who will clean them up? Slicer Brittany Butler has considered this and inspires us today with an original structure for slicing entitled, “Browser Mystery.” Check it out here!
Need to contact a co-author with a question? Please email us rather than leaving your question within your comment (below). Thank you, in advance, for your patience with us. We receive a high volume of emails during the first few days of the challenge. We will respond to all emails as soon as possible.
If you have questions about the individual challenge, you may contact one of these co-authors.
- If your last name begins with the letters A-G, please email questions to Lanny Ball at lanny.ball[at]gmail.com.
- If your last name begins with the letters H-M, please email questions to Kelsey Corter at kelseymcorter[at]gmail.com.
- If your last name begins with the letters N-Q, please email questions to Betsy Hubbard at betsymhubbard[at]gmail.com.
- If your last name begins with the letters R-U, please email questions to Melanie Meehan at meehanmelanie[at]gmail.com.
- If your last name begins with the letters V-Z, please email questions to Beth Moore, beth[at]elizabethmoore.work.
If you have questions about the Classroom Challenge, which will take place next month, you may contact one of these co-authors:
- If your last name begins with the letters A – M, please email questions to Marina Rodriguez, mrodriguez[at]csisd.org.
- If your last name begins with the letters N – Z, please email questions to Kathleen Sokolowski mrs.sokolowski[at]gmail.com.
Please note: We’re unable to respond to challenge-related questions via Facebook and Twitter.