DAY 26 OF THE MARCH SOLSC! #SOL20
Welcome to the twenty-sixth day of the 13th Annual Slice of Life Story Challenge!
Yesterday we announced two nomination prizes! First is the Commenter of Quality Prize. If you know someone in the community who consistently leaves meaningful or inspiring comments, then please nominate them by filling out this form. Your nominee will be eligible for a Commenter of Quality Prize. The winner will receive the following prize, generously donated by Amy Ludwig VanDerWater.
We also announced the Mentor Prize. If someone in the community has been inspiring as a slicing mentor, then please nominate them by filling out this form. Your nominee will be eligible to win an on-line meeting with Clare Landrigan, a Slice of Life community member who is a mentor to so many, as well as a copy of It’s All About the Books by Clare and Tammy Mulligan.
Nominations are due by 11:59 p.m. on March 27, and we will announce a winner on March 29.
- The Classroom Slice of Life Story Challenge begins in April! Looking for a way to meaningfully connect your students with other students during this pandemic? Please check out Kathleen’s post here to learn about how.
- If you have not had a chance to read our statements regarding what you can expect from Two Writing Teachers during the current global health crisis, we would like to invite you to read it here.
- Also, please check out the COVID-19 page here and consider joining authors Melanie Meehan, Clare Landrigan, and a growing community of educators.
With National Poetry Month right around the corner, perhaps you might want to try your hand at poetry? Long-time slicer Kevin Hodgson has been writing a short poem each day during this challenge. Check out his poetry and be inspired!
Need to contact a co-author with a question? Please email us rather than leaving your question within your comment (below). Thank you, in advance, for your patience with us. We receive a high volume of emails during the first few days of the challenge. We will respond to all emails as soon as possible.
If you have questions about the individual challenge, you may contact one of these co-authors.
- If your last name begins with the letters A-G, please email questions to Lanny Ball at lanny.ball[at]gmail.com.
- If your last name begins with the letters H-M, please email questions to Kelsey Corter at kelseymcorter[at]gmail.com.
- If your last name begins with the letters N-Q, please email questions to Betsy Hubbard at betsymhubbard[at]gmail.com.
- If your last name begins with the letters R-U, please email questions to Melanie Meehan at meehanmelanie[at]gmail.com.
- If your last name begins with the letters V-Z, please email questions to Beth Moore, beth[at]elizabethmoore.work.
If you have questions about the Classroom Challenge, which will take place next month, you may contact one of these co-authors:
- If your last name begins with the letters A – M, please email questions to Marina Rodriguez, mrodriguez[at]csisd.org.
- If your last name begins with the letters N – Z, please email questions to Kathleen Sokolowski mrs.sokolowski[at]gmail.com.
Please note: We’re unable to respond to challenge-related questions via Facebook and Twitter.