Welcome to the fourth day of the 13th Annual Slice of Life Story Challenge! Today’s the first day we’re doing a mid-month prize. Check out the details below.
The first prizes of the month will go to people who have intentionally and effectively expanded the community. If you have recruited someone, and they have signed up for the 13th Annual SOLSC as a direct result of your encouragement, then you are eligible for this prize. Fill out the form and be in the running for a Community Expander Prize!
Five winners will win four professional books.
- Please make sure that you are leaving the link to your blog post, as opposed to your blog in general. If you’re not sure what this means, feel free to contact one of us. (See below for who you should contact.)
- Are you having trouble finding the permalink to your slice of life story post? Click here for information on how to find the permalink for your post.
- There are two great ways to find Slicers’ whose writing you’d like to read.
- Read the teasers each person posts with their permalink. Click on any link that has a teaser that interests you. (NOTE: If you’ve been dropping your link without a couple of lines to set up your post, consider adding a little bit of copy before you leave your link.
- Leave a comment back for anyone who comments on your post.
Do you snap a lot of photos throughout the day and then feel unsure about what to write about for your daily slice? If that happens to you, then consider trying the One Second Everyday, or 1SE, App. I remember hearing about this video diary app from another Slicer last year. (I don’t recall who it was or I’d give them a hat tip right now!) I started using it in late 2019 and have been preserving at least a second of my daily life with it ever since.
Need to contact a co-author with a question? Please email us rather than leaving your question within your comment (below). Thank you, in advance, for your patience with us. We receive a high volume of emails during the first few days of the challenge. We will respond to all emails as soon as possible.
If you have questions about the individual challenge, you may contact one of these co-authors.
- If your last name begins with the letters A-G, please email questions to Lanny Ball at lanny.ball[at]gmail.com.
- If your last name begins with the letters H-M, please email questions to Kelsey Corter at kelseymcorter[at]gmail.com.
- If your last name begins with the letters N-Q, please email questions to Betsy Hubbard at betsymhubbard[at]gmail.com.
- If your last name begins with the letters R-U, please email questions to Melanie Meehan at meehanmelanie[at]gmail.com.
- If your last name begins with the letters V-Z, please email questions to Beth Moore, beth[at]elizabethmoore.work.
If you have questions about the Classroom Challenge, which will take place next month, you may contact one of these co-authors:
- If your last name begins with the letters A – M, please email questions to Marina Rodriguez, mgrodz17[at]gmail.com.
- If your last name begins with the letters N – Z, please email questions to Kathleen Sokolowski mrs.sokolowski[at]gmail.com.
Please note: We’re unable to respond to challenge-related questions via Facebook and Twitter.