Welcome to the third day of the 13th Annual Slice of Life Story Challenge! Before you leave the link to your post, please read today’s announcements.
- Don’t forget that if you have intentionally expanded this community be getting others to join in the Challenge, you are eligible for the Community Expander Prize. Please fill out the form, and you may find yourself the winner of new professional books from Heinemann!
- When you comment, please make sure to link to the slicer’s blog and leave your comment on their blog site, as opposed to leaving a comment underneath their linked slice.
- Are you having trouble finding the permalink to your slice of life story post? Click here for information on how to find the permalink for your post.
- REMINDER: The daily call for slice of life stories goes live at 12:01 a.m. Eastern Time daily. Since we have participants on six continents, we consider the day over at midnight Eastern Time. Hence, comments can close as early as 12:00 a.m. (the following day) since the post has been live for 24 hours. Often, the daily call for slice of life stories will stay open until the next morning since our co-author team is usually sleeping just after midnight (since all of us live in the Eastern Time Zone). If you are posting the link to your slice of life story after 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time, then you should go to the next day’s call for slice of life stories and leave your link there.
- Do you need some Slicer swag? Visit our Cafepress store where you can purchase t-shirts, coffee mugs, water bottles, keychains, and more. All proceeds from our Cafepress store are donated to the Pajama Program.
Chris Baldiga, who blogs at IBLESSINGS, crafted a slice of life story about a crossing something off of her bucket list. If you have crossed something off of your bucket list recently, then you’ll want to check out Chris’s post, “3-2-1 Blastoff,” for inspiration.
Need to contact a co-author with a question? Please email us rather than leaving your question within your comment (below). Thank you, in advance, for your patience with us. We receive a high volume of emails during the first few days of the challenge. We will respond to all emails as soon as possible.
If you have questions about the individual challenge, you may contact one of these co-authors.
- If your last name begins with the letters A-G, please email questions to Lanny Ball at lanny.ball[at]gmail.com.
- If your last name begins with the letters H-M, please email questions to Kelsey Corter at kelseymcorter[at]gmail.com.
- If your last name begins with the letters N-Q, please email questions to Betsy Hubbard at betsymhubbard[at]gmail.com.
- If your last name begins with the letters R-U, please email questions to Melanie Meehan at meehanmelanie[at]gmail.com.
- If your last name begins with the letters V-Z, please email questions to Beth Moore, beth[at]elizabethmoore.work.
If you have questions about the Classroom Challenge, which will take place next month, you may contact one of these co-authors:
- If your last name begins with the letters A – M, please email questions to Marina Rodriguez, mgrodz17[at]gmail.com.
- If your last name begins with the letters N – Z, please email questions to Kathleen Sokolowski mrs.sokolowski[at]gmail.com.
Please note: We’re unable to respond to challenge-related questions via Facebook and Twitter.
Literacy Consultant. Author. Former 4th and 5th Grade Classroom Teacher.