As you may have noticed in Melanie Meehan’s prize reveal post, we’re giving away prizes throughout the month of March. The first prizes in March will go to five people who have intentionally and effectively expanded this writing community. Anyone who has recruited someone to join next month’s 13th Annual Slice of Life Story Challenge will be eligible for these prizes, which will be donated by Heinemann.
- The participant information form went live on February 12th. Click here if you haven’t filled it out yet.
- Like last year, we are asking participants to complete this form no later than 11:59 p.m. EST on Sunday, March 1st, 2020 so they can be in the running for prizes. This form will close on the morning of March 2nd. In keeping with the spirit of a month-long challenge, it is important to participate fully all thirty-one days.
- If you have a friend, family member, or colleague who is planning to participate in the SOLSC for the first time, then please make sure they fill out the Participant Information Form between now and March 1st.
- Many potential new Slicers dip their toe into the water on Tuesdays in February.
- If you’re a first-time Slicer, please make note of that when you leave the permalink to your blog post.
- If you’re a longtime Slicer, please make an effort to commenting on at least one new blogger’s post today. If you don’t see anyone new when you link up, then click on someone’s link who is new to you!
I am a literacy consultant who has spent over a decade working with teachers to improve the teaching of writing in their classrooms. While I work with teachers and students in grade K-6, I'm a former fourth and fifth-grade teacher so I have a passion for working with upper elementary students.
I'm the author of Craft Moves (Stenhouse Publishers, 2016) and the co-author of Jump Into Writing (Zaner-Bloser, 2021), Welcome to Writing Workshop (Stenhouse Publishers, 2019), and Day By Day (Stenhouse, 2010).