The 13th Annual Slice of Life Story Challenge and will begin in 1.5 weeks!
As you may have noticed in Melanie Meehan’s prize reveal post last Friday, we’re giving away prizes throughout the month of March. The first prizes in March will go to five people who have intentionally and effectively expanded this writing community. Anyone who has recruited someone to join the 13th Annual Slice of Life Story Challenge will be eligible for these prizes, which will be donated by Heinemann.
- The participant information form went live last week. Click here if you haven’t filled it out yet.
- Like last year, we are asking participants to complete this form no later than 11:59 p.m. EST on Sunday, March 1st, 2020 so they can be in the running for prizes. This form will close on the morning of March 2nd. In keeping with the spirit of a month-long challenge, it is important to participate fully all thirty-one days.
- More importantly, we want all new Slicers to be partnered up with a Welcome Wagon volunteer by March 2nd. Closing down the participant information form at the end of the first day of the March Challenge means that we won’t be pairing people up for a week. Click here to sign up to be a member of our Welcome Wagon.
- If you have a friend, family member, or colleague who is planning to participate in the SOLSC for the first time, then please make sure they fill out the Participant Information Form between now and March 1st.
- Many potential new Slicers dip their toe into the water on Tuesdays in February.
- If you’re a first-time Slicer, please make note of that when you leave the permalink to your blog post.
- If you’re a longtime Slicer, please make an effort to commenting on at least one new blogger’s post today. If you don’t see anyone new when you link up, then click on someone’s link who is new to you!
Do you have a need for some Slicer swag before March begins? Stop by and visit our Cafepress store. You can purchase T-shirts, keychains, tote bags, and more while doing a good deed since all of the profits from our store go to the Pajama Program!
Literacy Consultant. Author. Former 4th and 5th Grade Classroom Teacher.