Welcome to our weekly writing challenge! I’m delighted you’re here to link up your slice of life story!
The 13th Annual Slice of Life Story Challenge will start in 2.5 weeks! If you’re planning to participate, watch this space weekly this month for special announcements and links to relevant blog posts about the March challenge.
- Do you have a need for some Slicer swag before March begins? Stop by and visit our Cafepress store. You can purchase T-shirts, keychains, tote bags, and more while doing a good deed since all of the profits from our store go to the Pajama Program!
- The participant information form will go live tomorrow. Like last year, we are asking participants to complete this form no later than 11:59 p.m. EST on Sunday, March 1st, 2020 so they can be in the running for prizes. This form will close on the morning of March 2nd. In keeping with the spirit of a month-long challenge, it is important to participate fully all thirty-one days.
- More importantly, we want all new Slicers to be partnered up with a Welcome Wagon volunteer by March 2nd. Closing down the participant information form at the end of the first day of the March Challenge means that we won’t be pairing people up for a week. Click here to sign up to be a member of our Welcome Wagon.
- If you have a friend, family member, or colleague who is planning to participate in the SOLSC for the first time, then please make sure they fill out the Participant Information Form between February 12th and March 1st.
- Many potential new Slicers dip their toe into the water on Tuesdays in February.
- If you’re a first-time Slicer, please make note of that when you leave the permalink to your blog post.
- If you’re a longtime Slicer, please make an effort to commenting on at least one new blogger’s post today. If you don’t see anyone new when you link up, then click on someone’s link who is new to you!
I am a literacy consultant who has spent the past dozen years working with teachers to improve the teaching of writing in their classrooms. While I work with teachers and students in grades K-6, I'm a former fourth and fifth-grade teacher so I have a passion for working with upper elementary students.
I'm the author of Craft Moves (Stenhouse Publishers, 2016) and the co-author of Jump Into Writing (Zaner-Bloser, 2021), Welcome to Writing Workshop (Stenhouse Publishers, 2019), and Day By Day (Stenhouse, 2010).