Welcome to our weekly writing challenge! I’m delighted you’re here to link up your slice of life story!
The 13th Annual Slice of Life Story Challenge will begin in less than a month! If you’re planning to participate, watch this space weekly this month for special announcements and links to relevant blog posts about the March challenge.
- The participant information form — for anyone who wants to take the challenge — will go live on Wednesday, February 12th. We’re asking participants to complete this form no later than 11:59 p.m. EST on Sunday, March 1st, 2020 in order to be in the running for prizes. This form will close on the morning of Monday, March 2nd. In keeping with the spirit of a month-long challenge, it is important to participate fully all thirty-one days.
- More importantly, we want all new Slicers to be partnered up with a Welcome Wagon volunteer by March 2nd. Closing down the participant information form at the end of the first day of the March Challenge means that we won’t be pairing people up for a week.
- Click here to sign up to be a member of our Welcome Wagon.
- If you have a friend, family member, or colleague who is planning to participate in the SOLSC for the first time, then please make sure they fill out the Participant Information Form between February 12th and March 1st.
- Many potential new Slicers dip their toe into the water on Tuesdays in February.
- If you’re a first-time Slicer, please make note of that when you leave the permalink to your blog post.
- If you’re a longtime Slicer, please make an effort to commenting on at least one new blogger’s post today. If you don’t see anyone new when you link up, then click on someone’s link who is new to you!
Literacy Consultant. Author. Former 4th and 5th Grade Classroom Teacher.