For the next eight days, published picture book, middle-grade, and professional book authors will take over Two Writing Teachers to share their thoughts on writing, their writing processes, and the path to publishing with you. Here’s a sneek peek at what’s to come:
- Later today, Doreen Rappaport will write about finding the hook in writing biographies.
- Tomorrow, Lester Laminack will share about building a house of fiction on a foundation of nonfiction.
- On Tuesday, Tanya Lee Stone will share the story behind her most recent picture book biography about Ada Lovelace.
- On Wednesday, Melissa Iwai will write about teachable concepts for young kids through cooking.
- On Thursday, Jeff Anderson will inspire you with a piece about the writing process and how it’s quite a slippery thing.
- On Friday, Tammy Mulligan and Clare Landrigan will provide you with a peek into the process of writing a professional book together.
- On Saturday, Mike Leannah will share about embracing rejection when pitching manuscripts.
- Next Sunday, Candace Fleming will close out the 4th Annual Author Spotlight Series with her piece about the amazing search for Joseph Cornell.
Every Author Spotlight post will include a giveaway of a book (or books!). A couple of authors have also included 20-minute Skype conversations as part of their giveaway for their post. Be sure to leave a comment about each author’s post for a chance to win the items being given away in their post.
This is the fourth year we’re hosting the Author Spotlight Series. It’s my hope that you’ll meet some new authors, add some new titles to your classroom library, and share their posts with your present and future students as a source of inspiration.
Literacy Consultant. Author. Former 4th and 5th Grade Classroom Teacher.