Happy Monday! Are you ready for the week ahead? Can you believe we’re in the home stretch of the challenge? Wow!
Cathy Thompson is a new slicer who wrote “Just a Smile.” It reminded me of the importance of recognizing those we know and don’t know with a smile. I hope you’ll read it and be inspired to spread some some cheer on this first day of the work week.
To that end, consider reaching out and leaving a comment for someone you don’t know today. Find a Slicer’s blog that’s new to you and leave them a comment. (Take it a step further and consider leaving them a virtual smile at the end of your comment.) 🙂
- Remember to fill out the Google Form on Dana’s post if you took on the commenting challenge over the weekend. Click here to fill out the form.
- Use the SAME email/username information on all of your March comments.
- Post ONE permalink to your slice of life story by 11:59 p.m. EDT to be in the running for a prize.
- Use #sol14 for tweets about Slice of Life Story Challenge.
- Questions? Contact one of our concierges:
OTHER USEFUL INFORMATION:
I am a literacy consultant who has spent over a decade working with teachers to improve the teaching of writing in their classrooms. While I work with teachers and students in grade K-6, I'm a former fourth and fifth-grade teacher so I have a passion for working with upper elementary students.
I'm the author of Craft Moves (Stenhouse Publishers, 2016) and the co-author of Jump Into Writing (Zaner-Bloser, 2021), Welcome to Writing Workshop (Stenhouse Publishers, 2019), and Day By Day (Stenhouse, 2010).