11 on 11.11.11
It’s kind of been a long week, so I’m going to save the blog post that has been tumbling around in my mind until I have a little more time to pull it together. Instead I’ll give you 11 snippets on 11.11.11.
- Thank you for the comments and feedback on this post. I’m glad the words were what they needed to be for many.
- It’s Veteran’s Day and I’m thankful for the men and women who serve our country.
- I’m thankful for this blog, The Poem Farm. Do you know it? Not only are the poems whimsical and lovely, but Amy shares tips for teachers when it comes to poetry. Check it out!
- I’m looking forward to meeting up with bloggers on Friday morning at NCTE. Are you interested in joining us? Check out the information here.
- Christmas is coming. Christmas is coming! I made this (without the pecans) as a reminder that it is close.
- I’m pretty sure these words from the little guy first thing this morning, will stay with me forever: Mom, you are so pretty.
- In kindergarten today we talked about finding a writing spot. It reminded me how important a good writing spot is to me. Right now I’m in my favorite writing spot, snuggled under my pirate quilt on the end of the couch next to Andy who is watching college basketball — Go Hoosiers!
- This is our last empty weekend until 2012. Yes, you read that correctly. I’m planning to savor Saturday morning.
- Thinking a little about my One Little Word. For 2011 it is connect. I’m beginning to percolate about my word for 2012.
- The live Polar Bear cam has been a fun little addition to my week, as well as to Superkiddos’ classroom.