Write. Share. Give.
Welcome to the 27th day of the 14th Annual Slice of Life Story Challenge!
We have been having tech issues that have impacted some Slicers when leaving a comment on the WordPress platform. Wednesday night, Stacey sent an email to all 2021 registered participants. Please make sure to read it (check your promotions tab if you missed it) or catch up through this link.
Since this issue occurred, we’ve realized both dashes and hitting the enter/return key lead to the creation of an embedded preview. Therefore, please use a comma or colon to separate your teaser and the permalink to your post.
Having lots of embedded previews makes the daily calls slow to load. Thank you, in advance, for making this change when you leave comments today and for the remainder of the challenge.
CLASSROOM SLICE OF LIFE CHALLENGE
If you are finding value in writing and sharing every day, imagine how your students would grow as writers from a month of writing and sharing. It’s not too late to sign up for the Classroom Slice of Life Story Challenge, which starts April 1. Just fill out your class blog information on the Padlet, and stay tuned for more information tomorrow!
Today’s Be Inspired post is from Cindy Chiu, who blogs at Ms. Chiubooka Writes. Her slice, “Boomerang Sunday,” is a beautiful example of what Chekov references in the quote below. Her sensory details evoke layers of meaning for the reader to interpret.
Need to contact a co-author with a question? Please email us rather than leaving your question within your comment (below). Thank you, in advance, for your patience with us since we receive a high volume of emails during the first week of the challenge.
- If your last name begins with the letters A – F, please email questions to Amy Ellerman at ellermanamy[at]gmail.com.
- If your last name begins with the letters G – L, please email questions to Betsy Hubbard at betsymhubbard[at]gmail.com.
- If your last name begins with the letters M – Q, please email questions to Beth Moore at beth[at]elizabethmoore.work.
- If your last name begins with the letters R – U, please email questions to Melanie Meehan at meehanmelanie[at]gmail.com.
- If your last name begins with the letters V – Z, please email questions to Stacey Shubitz at stacey[at]staceyshubitz.com.
Reader, writer, and instructional coach. Always thinking. Collaborating to innovate the learning experience for students and educators.