Welcome to the second day of the 14th Annual Slice of Life Story Challenge!
- RETURNING SLICERS: If you have intentionally expanded this community be getting others to join in the Challenge, you are eligible for the Community Expander Prize. Please fill out the form, and you may find yourself the winner of new professional books from Heinemann!
- When you comment, please make sure to link to the slicer’s blog and leave your comment on their blog site, as opposed to leaving a comment underneath their linked slice.
- Kathleen’s post, New Slicers‘ Survival Guide explains many of the details which may make more sense now that we’re underway. If you’re struggling with any of the logistics, you may find answers through her post.
- The daily call for slice of life stories goes live at 12:01 a.m. Eastern Time daily. Since we have participants on six continents, we consider the day over at midnight Eastern Time. Hence, comments can close as early as 12:00 a.m. (the following day) since the post has been live for 24 hours. Often, the daily call for slice of life stories will stay open until the next morning since our co-author team is usually sleeping just after midnight (since most of us live in the Eastern Time Zone). If you are posting the link to your slice of life story after 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time, then you should go to the next day’s call for slice of life stories and leave your link there.
- I’ve streamlined the essential information into a slideshow so the daily calls for slice of life stories aren’t cluttered with text. ICYMI: Here’s everything you need to know to help you fully-engage with this month’s challenge.
Need to contact a co-author with a question? Please email us rather than leaving your question within your comment (below). Thank you, in advance, for your patience with us. We receive a high volume of emails during the first few days of the challenge. We will respond to all emails as soon as possible.
If you have questions about the individual challenge, you may contact one of these co-authors.
- If your last name begins with the letters A – F, please email questions to Amy Ellerman at ellermanamy[at]gmail.com.
- If your last name begins with the letters G – L, please email questions to Betsy Hubbard at betsymhubbard[at]gmail.com.
- If your last name begins with the letters M – Q, please email questions to Beth Moore at beth[at]elizabethmoore.work.
- If your last name begins with the letters R – U, please email questions to Melanie Meehan at meehanmelanie[at]gmail.com.
- If your last name begins with the letters V – Z, please email questions to Stacey Shubitz at stacey[at]staceyshubitz.com.
If you have questions about the Classroom Challenge, which will take place next month, you may contact Kathleen Sokolowski at mrs.sokolowski[at]gmail.com.
Please note: We’re unable to respond to challenge-related questions via Facebook and Twitter.