A Winter Recess
It’s time for our annual winter recess. (And it’s probably time for yours too!) But don’t worry, even though there won’t be any new posts from now until Tuesday, January 1st there is plenty to read from our archives as well as so much to look forward to in 2019 when we return!
On January 1st, Betsy will kick off our One Little Word series for 2019 a bit differently than we’ve done it in the past. This year, each co-author will post about his/her One Little Word on their personal blog. Betsy will share links in a round-up post here on Two Writing Teachers.
We hope you will be thinking about your OLW and maybe find inspiration from our previous OLW choices.
Mark your 2019 calendar for our January/February Blog Series titled, Teaching Writing with a Social Justice Lens, which will begin on Sunday, January 27th, 2019. Also, mark your calendar for our next Twitter Chat, which will feature an author and two teachers who are doing important social justice work with young writers. More information:
If you are looking for posts from any previous blog series check out the list below!
- November 2013: Tailoring Our Teaching
- February 2014: Writing About Reading
- May 2014: Independent Writing,
- August 2014: Sharpen Your Workshop Routines
- November 2014: Work Smarter, Not Harder
- February 2015: Aim Higher: Outgrow Old Goals and Set New Ones
- May 2015: Conferring Toolkits
- August 2015: Creating Classroom Environments to Launch the School Year
- November 2015: Diving Into Information Writing
- February 2016: Discovering the Writer’s Life
- May 2016: Teaching Writing with Mentor Texts
- August 2016: Starting with What Matters Most
- November 2016: Assessment Strengthens Writers
- February 2017: Authentic Purposes for Writing
- May 2017: Keep Learning Going Throughout the Summer
- August 2017: Writing Workshop Fundamentals
- November 2017: Solving Predictable Problems
- February 2018: Beyond the Fundamentals of Writing Workshop
- May 2018: Looking Back and Moving Forward
- August 2018: Dreaming Big for This Year’s Writing Workshop
- November 2018: Notebooks as a Writer’s Tool
Check in on Tuesdays as Betsy will continue to host our weekly call for Slice of Life Stories through the month. If you have been thinking about joining, winter break is a great time to share your first Slice of Life Story. Simply write your story on your personal blog, share the URL on Tuesday in our comment section, and leave at least three comments for other bloggers.
March Slice of Life Story Challenge
2019 marks the 12th anniversary of the Slice of Life Story Challenge and we look forward to sharing more about this exciting time here on Two Writing Teachers when we commit to writing daily for thirty-one days!
- Follow us on Twitter. Many of us will be learning and tweeting over the winter break.
- Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest.
Rest, relax, and enjoy time with your loved ones!
While you do, collect story ideas for future Slice of Life ideas.