- Please use the SAME email/username information on all of your March comments.
- In order to be in the running for a prize at the end of the month, you must leave the link to your slice of life story by 11:59 p.m. EDT.
- Please play fair and leave only one link each day.
- Include the permalink to your post when you leave a comment.
- Please use #sol14 on tweets about Slice of Life Story Challenge.
- Questions? Contact one of our concierges:
Brighid Kitchen of Sneezy Knees: Clean Shaven Slate crafted a slice of life story that really moved me last week. “Kind or Snow” is a full of honesty and raw emotion. It reflects the major premise of Wonder: If given the choice between being right and being kind; Choose Kind.
Think about the way you choose to respond when given the choice. Perhaps you will craft a slice of life story today that reflects the choice you make when you respond to a tough situation today.
OTHER USEFUL INFORMATION:
I am a literacy consultant who has spent the past dozen years working with teachers to improve the teaching of writing in their classrooms. While I work with teachers and students in grades K-6, I'm a former fourth and fifth-grade teacher so I have a passion for working with upper elementary students.
I'm the author of Craft Moves (Stenhouse Publishers, 2016) and the co-author of Jump Into Writing (Zaner-Bloser, 2021), Welcome to Writing Workshop (Stenhouse Publishers, 2019), and Day By Day (Stenhouse, 2010).