I recently received a review copy of Whatever You Are, Be a Good One: 100 Inspirational Quotations (Chronicle Books, 2014) It is hand-lettered by Lisa Congdon. In an effort to shake things up for the next two days, I thought I’d include some of the quotations for your viewing pleasure. You can find them in the “Be Inspired” section.
- Please use the SAME email/username information on all of your March comments.
- In order to be in the running for a prize at the end of the month, you must leave the link to your slice of life story by 11:59 p.m. EDT.
- Please play fair and leave only one link each day.
- Include the permalink (aka: unique URL) to your post when you leave a comment.
- Please use #sol14 on tweets about Slice of Life Story Challenge.
- Questions? Contact one of our concierges:
Anna Gratz Cockerille (@annagcockerille) is the new Slicer on the TWT Team. She created a new blog for her slice of life stories and has shared some incredible poems and prose. The piece I want to share with you today is “Everybody is Somebody’s Baby.” Anna recently found herself to be made uncomfortable by a stranger in the Subway. Instead of judging him, she considers an alternate point of view. Read through Anna’s slice and see if you can look at a situation through someone else’s eyes (and write about it) today.
OTHER USEFUL INFORMATION:
Literacy Consultant. Author. Former 4th and 5th Grade Classroom Teacher.