Last week we hosted our first blog series as a new team of co-authors. I hope you enjoyed reading the posts about conferring and strategy lessons as much as we enjoyed planning the series and writing about our topics. In case you missed it, here’s a recap of the pieces we wrote:
- Sunday: Anna wrote a piece about assessment-based strategy groups for expository writing.
- NOTE: Anna crafted her blog post prior to Thomas’ arrival. She’ll be on maternity leave until February, but may pop-in between now and then to share a blog post.
- Monday: I shared some basics about strategy lessons so you can maximize the work you do with your students during independent writing time.
- Tuesday: Beth helped us think through the ways we can use a variety of record-keeping tools so we can keep meaningful conferring notes.
- Wednesday: Dana got us thinking about the use of a writing engagement tool, which can help teachers observe students’ writing habits.
- Thursday: Betsy shared a variety of tips to help you confer alongside pre-K – 1st grade writers.
- Friday: Tara discussed the importance of nurturing the gifted writers, the ones that are so often ignored since they seem to get it, in our writing workshops.
We’re planning to do a few blog series each year. We have tossed around several ideas for the next week-long series, which we’ll host in late January. However, we’d love to have your input since we’re going to plan out the next during our Google Hangout on Nov. 17th. What topics are you interested in having us explore as a group? If you don’t see something listed in the poll below, then please leave a comment with your ideas. THANKS!
Literacy Consultant. Author. Former 4th and 5th Grade Classroom Teacher.