Throwback Thursday: Poetry
National Poetry Month is rapidly approaching. Get ready to engage your students with poetry by perusing some of our post posts:
- A Thought + a Poem by Ruth
- Advice from Poet Laureate Billy Collins by Stacey
- Bringing Back Poetry Circle by Stacey
- Crafting a Tribute Poem by Stacey
- Dose of Poetry by Ruth
- First Attempt at Poetry by Ruth
- First Grade Poetry by Ruth
- Poetry Walking Tour by Stacey
- Sundays for the Soul: Amy LV by Ruth
- The Aspiring Poet’s Journal — Day 1 by Stacey
- The Rules of Writing Poetry by Stacey
- What’s on Your Heart? by Ruth
Once upon a time, waaaaay back in 2008, we hosted a week-long poetry challenge. If you’re looking for inspiration to write some of your own poems, which can serve as mentors for your students, then take the challenge now.
Comments are now closed on all of the above-mentioned posts. Therefore, if you have any thoughts or questions about what you encountered in these posts, please write a comment below.