“If stories come to you, care for them. And learn to give them away where they are needed. Sometimes a person needs a story more than food to stay alive.”
Stories matter. A lot. Here are some reasons why . . .
- Stories help us reflect on life and understand where we’ve been and where we are going.
- Stories help us remember the good times.
- Stories help us process the rough times.
- Stories connect us to others.
- Stories help us understand things we’ve not experienced.
- Stories offer compassion.
- Stories give giggles.
- Stories heal our souls.
- Stories connect generations.
- Stories give us a break from life.
What are the reasons stories matter to you?
One thought on “Stories Matter”
Oh, I like this list a lot. It made me think about published stories, but also about the stories we tell each other to connect or explain or think through things.
I think that one thing I’d add to #5 is that stories can also help us understand people better–not just things we’ve not experienced ourselves, but people who’ve experienced something we never have.
My favorite though is always reading just for the sheer pleasure of it. Not quite an escape or break from life, but as a part of my life.
Comments are closed.