Just a few things on my mind about conferring:
- It’s a conversation. Just talk as a writer to another writer.
- Look for approximations. What is the student almost doing but not quite? Compliment this attempt and then help it become more standard.
- Enjoy the conversation.
- Listen. Listen. Then listen some more. Really listen.
- In addition to listening, look at the work.
- Ask: “What is the ONE thing that will make the biggest difference for this writer?”
- Love them.
Unhurried. Finding the magic in the middle of living. Capturing a life of ridiculous grace + raw stories.