I’ve realized that being a writer is about a state of mind — embracing the ebb and flow of inspiration and ideas and desire. This little blog of ours began as a way to practice what we preach and be writers ourselves. Little did I know how much it would change me. I’ve become —
- An observer of the details in the world.
- More efficient in my drafting (especially at times when I don’t want to write).
- More understanding when students say, I don’t know what to write.
- Increasingly aware of the hard work and effort it takes to write well.
- More demanding of myself as a writer, a teacher, and a collector of memories.
- Sensitive to the need of students to have quick response to their writing. I’m amazed how much comments fuel me as a writer.
- Thankful for teachers who are just a click away and are passionate about teaching and writing and reading and life.
Thank you all who read this blog. Your encouragement is much appreciated.
Unhurried. Finding the magic in the middle of living. Capturing a life of ridiculous grace + raw stories.