For the next week, published picture book middle-grade authors will take over Two Writing Teachers to share their thoughts on writing, their writing processes, and the path to publishing with you. Here’s who will be joining us each day:
- Later today, Georgia Heard will talk about how poetry and mindfulness invite us to slow down, be present, and listen more deeply, while quieting our restless minds.
- Tomorrow, Michelle Meadows will provide a look at her writing process for her latest picture book biography.
- On Tuesday, Sitoshi Kitamura will detail the inspiration he had for his latest picture book.
- On Wednesday, Victoria Bond will discuss how aspects of her son’s Autism helped her see some of her own blind spots while editing a novel.
- On Thursday, Sophy Henn will share her surprise about how much she’s come to love school visits and author events.
- On Friday, Nizrana Farook will explain how she came to write a tropical adventure novel while living and working in the English countryside.
- On Saturday, Aya Khalil discuss the importance of about telling own voices and immigrant stories.
Every Author Spotlight post will include a giveaway of each author’s latest book. Several of the authors also included 20-minute Skype/Zoom conversations as part of their giveaway for their post. Be sure to leave a comment about each author’s post for a chance to win the items being given away in their post.
This is the sixth year Two Writing Teachers is hosting the Author Spotlight Series. It’s my hope you’ll meet some new authors, add some new titles to your classroom library, and share their posts with your present and future students as a source of inspiration.
Finally, speaking of inspiration, click here to read a post from Kathleen Sokolowski, which explains how she has used past Author Spotlight Series posts with her students.
COMMENTS ARE CLOSED ON THIS POST.
I am a literacy consultant who focuses on writing workshop. I've been working with K-6 teachers and students since 2009. Prior to that, I was a fourth and fifth-grade teacher in New York City and Rhode Island.
I'm the author of Craft Moves (Stenhouse Publishers, 2016) and the co-author of Jump Into Writing (Zaner-Bloser, 2021), Welcome to Writing Workshop (Stenhouse Publishers, 2019), and Day By Day (Stenhouse, 2010).
I live in Central Pennsylvania with my husband and children. In my free time, I enjoy swimming, doing Pilates, cooking, baking, making ice cream, and reading novels.