Welcome to our weekly writing challenge! I’m delighted you’re here to link up your slice of life story!
The 14th Annual Slice of Life Story Challenge will begin in less than a month! If you’re planning to participate, watch this space weekly this month for special announcements and links to relevant blog posts about the March challenge.
- If this is your first time leaving a link to your slice of life story, please leave a short teaser to entice readers to read your post, along with the permalink to your slice of life story. Once you do that, find at least three other bloggers’ writing to read. Be sure to leave them a comment on their blog, not here on Two Writing Teachers, so they can see your comment easily.
- We have had some inquiries about participating in the 14th Annual Slice of Life Story Challenge if one writes in another language. We want to encourage non-English speakers/writers to join while making sure they still feel like they’re part of this writing community. If you are not comfortable writing in English (PLEASE KNOW THAT NO ONE WILL JUDGE YOU IF YOUR ENGLISH WRITING ISN’T PERFECT! ), then I would encourage you to set up a multilingual blog on WordPress. Click here for more information on creating a multilingual blog.
- The participant information form — for anyone who wants to participate in the March challenge — went live on January 29th. We’re asking participants to complete this form no later than 11:59 p.m. EST on Monday, March 1st, 2021 in order to be in the running for prizes. This form will close on the morning of Tuesday, March 2nd. In keeping with the spirit of a month-long challenge, it is important to participate fully all thirty-one days.
- More importantly, we want all new Slicers to be partnered up with a Welcome Wagon volunteer by March 2nd. Closing down the participant information form at the end of the first day of the March Challenge means that we won’t be pairing people up for a week.
- Click here to sign up to be a member of our Welcome Wagon.
- If you have a friend, family member, or colleague who is planning to participate in the SOLSC for the first time, then please make sure they fill out the Participant Information Form between now and March 1st.
- Many potential new Slicers dip their toe into the water on Tuesdays in February.
- If you’re a first-time Slicer, please make note of that when you leave the permalink to your blog post.
- If you’re a longtime Slicer, please make an effort to commenting on at least one new blogger’s post today. If you don’t see anyone new when you link up, then click on someone’s link who is new to you!
Eight year-round Slicers, Betsy Hubbard, and I chatted about the upcoming month-long Slice of Life Story Challenge this past Sunday. If you know someone who’s thinking about joining the challenge, but isn’t quite sure, then please share the recording of our Facebook Live Session with them.
During the Facebook Live Session, Fran Haley (who was one of the seasoned Slicers who participated) reminded us of what the sharing of stories — as part of this writing community — does for us. Here are her beautiful words.
Literacy Consultant. Author. Former 4th and 5th Grade Classroom Teacher.