About ten minutes after I put my son down for his morning nap, it occurred to me that the 10th Annual Slice of Life Story Challenge is three days away! (He’s five-months-old now, but apparently, I’m suffering from a bit of new mom fog!) The TWT co-author team has posted a lot to help you get ready for both the individual and classroom challenges over the past two months. However, it’s possible you may have missed one of our posts. Or, perhaps, you have a friend or colleague who is on the fence about joining us. Whatever the case, here’s a round-up of our posts that will point you in the right direction so you’re ready to start on Wednesday, March 1st!
- Overview of the 10th Annual Slice of Life Story Challenge for Individual Participants
- First-Time Slicer FAQ’s
- Finding the Permalink to Your Blog Posts (Voicethread Tutorial)
- Participant Information Form
- It takes less than five minutes to fill out this form. If you haven’t already done so, please fill it out as soon as possible.
- Prize Announcement
- Empower Your Teaching by Being a Teacher-Writer
- Overview of the Classroom Slice of Life Story Challenge
- Guest Blog Posts
- A Bakers Dozen by Lee Ann Spillane (high school teacher from Florida)
- A Third-Grade Teacher & Her Students Dive Into the Classroom SOLSC by Shelly Surridge (3rd-grade teacher from Florida)
- The Top Ten Reasons You Should Try the Classroom SOLSC with Your Students This March by Erika Victor (3rd-grade international school teacher from Kuala Lumpur)
- Tips, Tricks, and Routines for Making Your Classroom Slice of Life Story Challenge a Success by Katy Collins (6th-grade teacher from Missouri)
- Padlet for Sharing Topic Ideas
I am a literacy consultant who has spent the past dozen years working with teachers to improve the teaching of writing in their classrooms. While I work with teachers and students in grades K-6, I'm a former fourth and fifth-grade teacher so I have a passion for working with upper elementary students.
I'm the author of Craft Moves (Stenhouse Publishers, 2016) and the co-author of Jump Into Writing (Zaner-Bloser, 2021), Welcome to Writing Workshop (Stenhouse Publishers, 2019), and Day By Day (Stenhouse, 2010).