Preview: Work Smarter, Not Harder Blog Series
Welcome to our “Work Smarter, Not Harder” Blog Series. Contrary to what your students may think, we know you don’t live at school. If the teaching of writing feels cumbersome to you, then stick with us this week. We’ll help you maximize your time so the teaching of writing will feel more enjoyable.
A preview of our blog series:
- Later today: I’ll share a post about checking writer’s notebooks.
- Tomorrow: Dana will blog about commenting on student writing.
- Wednesday: Tara will suggest ways to use writing checklists throughout a unit of study.
- Thursday: Betsy will provide a list of mentor texts that do double- and triple-duty.
- Friday: Beth will write about year-long portfolios and communicating with parents.
- Saturday: Anna will discuss the qualities of writing to streamline assessment and plan instruction.
But that’s not all! Next Monday evening, November 10th, we’ll host a Twitter Chat about working smarter, not harder. Please join us at 8:30 p.m. to share your tips for working smarter with members of our community. Just search and tag #TWTBlog to participate in the chat.